Are you itching to protect your pets from parasites? Here is a resource for all your parasite prevention questions and needs.
Did you know?
- A single flea can drink 15 times its weight in blood each day
- You can buy 11 years of heartworm prevention and pay less than the cost of treating your dog one time for heartworm disease
- Up to 15% of commercial potting soil contains roundworm eggs
Prevention is as easy as 1-2-3
- Fleas and ticks are blood-drinking parasites that can also transmit serious diseases to pets. Ticks can transmit infections like Lyme disease, and fleas can transmit tapeworms and Bartonella-the bacteria that cause cat-scratch fever in humans. Ask us about monthly medication to control these parasites and reduce the likelihood that your pets will be infected.
- Heartworms are transmitted by mosquitoes, and they can infect dogs and cats. Even indoor pets aren’t completely safe from heartworms: 25% of heartworm-infected cats live completely indoors. Heartworms damage the heart and lungs and can even cause death! Ask us about heartworm preventatives to protect your pets.
- Roundworms, hookworms, and other intestinal parasites can cause serious illness in pets. Some of these parasites are even transmissible to humans! We can help with fecal tests that identify intestinal parasites as well as medications to safely and effectively control them. Ask us how to protect your pets and family.
Call us today to request an appointment.
Don’t forget to bring a fecal sample for testing.